All Saints’ Churchyard
The Town Council is now responsible for the maintenance of the churchyard. This includes ensuring that the grounds, walls and gates are kept tidy and in a state of good repair. The Walter Bagehot Memorial Fund, which is administered by the Town Trust, has repaired the grave of Walter Bagehot and his immediate family, which is a listed monument.
Also nearby is the family grave of the Queketts. William Quekett (1767-1842) was Headmaster of Langport Grammar School for over 50 years. His sons Edwin and John were famous microscopists. John was a founder of the Royal Microscopical Society. Another son, Edward, was a local banker and kept a museum in the Hanging Chapel.