Trudi Henderson is based in Langport for Regular drop-in sessions being held in Langport Library every Monday afternoon between 13:00 and 16:00.
Trudi Henderson said: “I’m excited to have the opportunity to develop a strong relationship with our customers in Langport, helping to ensure that NatWest remains an important part of its many thriving communities. The impact of technological changes on the way people bank with us has been dramatic but we’re also aware that some people prefer a face-to-face channel for their banking.
“In my role as Community Banker I’m looking forward to hosting regular events at local venues to help educate customers on being financially fit, training them on the different ways to bank in a digital world and how they can protect themselves from fraudsters.”
As part of their role, Community Bankers:
· Host regular events across the community to educate customers on being financially fit, living in the digital world and preventing fraud.
· Conduct financial health checks with customers to identify opportunities to help them with new products or services appropriate to their goals, needs and priorities.
· Engage with the community through a number of channels such as charity events, social groups and other community activities.
· Use social media to share useful and relevant financial and digital information and tips.
· Signpost or coach customers through NatWest’s online application process for new products and services, providing them with the skills to self serve for future needs.
· Help customers identify the different ways to bank, supporting them in choosing the right service options for their needs.
Look forward to seeing you in 2019 and building relationships within the Community.
Mobile: 07920 414030
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org