Latest Support Information from South Somerset District Council
SSDC has extended its phone line opening hours to provide additional support to those needing help during the Coronavirus crisis.
We will now open between the hours of 8am and 6pm seven days a week (including Bank Holidays).
We have also set up an online enquiry form for any questions you may have – https://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/forms/covid-19-enquiry/
Call 01935 462462 if you’re in South Somerset and need information regarding:
• Business grants during the Coronavirus crisis
• Waste collection and disposal
• Financial support
• Access to free food boxes if you’re facing financial hardship
• Access to the food boxes being provided to the vulnerable from our Wellbeing Hub
You can also continue to access our normal services on 01935 462462 between 8.30am and 5pm but we are expanding outside of these times to be able to provide further support and help our customers who need particular support in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic during this difficult time.
A Somerset Support Helpline has also been launched on 0300 790 6275 if you need:
• Emotional support if you’re feeling worried or anxious
• Transport to medical appointments
Callers will be asked to describe the support they require and will be connected with others for resolution.
For more information and support available visit https://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/life-events/coronavirus-support/