Councillor Seaton is the Chair of Langport Town Council.
The Chairman of the Council is an ex-officio member of all committees.
New! Click here for Attendance Register (Coming soon)
Since I became a Langport Town Councillor in August 2014, I’ve championed these initiatives:
- a Community Projects Officer to bring in grant funding for Council and community-led projects
- a Tourism & Marketing Committee (which she chairs) to promote the town and grow the economy
- three priority projects:-
- renovating and refurbishing the Town Hall
- securing Cocklemoor for community use
- developing a community website
Since being elected Chair in May 2015, I’ve continued to progress all of those.
My priorities are:
- Listening to local people and learning how they see the future of our area, and how the Council can help
- Promoting Langport’s natural assets, such as the river, the moors and the footpaths, while protecting the environment
- Encouraging Langport’s businesses
- Celebrating the history of the town and its inhabitants
- Developing its facilities for all sections of the community, and
- Working towards more constructive and effective cooperation between Langport and its close neighbours.
As Chairman, I also want to do things a bit differently. I want to help make the Council
- more open – better at explaining what we’re doing and why we’re doing it
- more transparent – giving everyone clearer information about the way we work
- more accessible – ready and willing to listen to everyone’s concerns and ideas
- more constructive – able to achieve more by consultation and agreement
Most of all, I want it to be a team effort. Only by working together can we contribute most effectively to the community we are here to serve.